UNTIL WE HAVE A BETTER PICTURE OF THE TWO TOGETHER....

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Three Months Today

Tyler is 3 months old today. I feel like the time has flown by and I'm forgetting a lot of things that he's been doing.  So, I figured I'd start a blog that Daddy and I can write to keep track of it all.  One day, I imagine, he'll enjoy looking back at "his" blog and thank me and Daddy for it. Or, Daddy and I will look back and reminisce ourselves about what a cute little baby he used to be. =) So, here we go....

Tyler's definitely grown and developed a lot in these three short/long months, and not just his weight (which is probably about 15 lbs now), height (maybe about 25 inches?), and hair (everyone comments on how much hair he has).  For the most part he's a calm baby and really only cries when something is bothering him.  Usually, he's hungry or sleepy.  Or, he has to burp, pass gas or poop.  Daddy and I think it's cute when he cries - it usually starts with a pout which turns into a frown before the tears come on.  Sometimes, we let him cry for a second for our amusement.  I know, it sounds cruel, but if you saw it you'd take a moment to take it in too.

Personality wise, he's kind of serious, but he does like to smile big and laugh lots and really likes people.  He's also noticing the things around him now (it was such a surprise when, one day, he started staring at his swing mobile) and seems to rather be awake hanging out than sleeping during the day (I'm worried he's not napping enough). His daytime sleep routine it to get tired after about an hour and a half of being awake, but then only take 20-30 minute naps if he's by himself (he'll sleep much longer if I nap with him or if Daddy puts him in the Bjorn and bounces on the exercise ball while playing NBA 2K10 on the Playstation).  Thankfully, he knows night from day so although he usually won't go to sleep until 10 or 11 in the evening, once he's down, he'll sleep for at least 3 hours, wake up hungry or pooping, and then go back to sleep once he's been fed and/or changed.  He'll also sleep with me until 9 or 10 in the morning which is nice since I'm not a morning person, but I think that I'm going to have to become a morning person so that he'll go to bed earlier.  Last night, he slept for almost 6 1/2 hours and tonight he went to sleep at 9pm.  Maybe people are right when they say 3 months is the big milestone in terms of sleep.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Other things he likes to do now is grab things, especially my hair or necklace, and cuddle with his blankies Mr. Moo (initially named "Softie" by Lola) and Mr. Bear (or a burp cloth if they aren't around).  Oh, and he's found his hands which he likes to shove in his mouth and drool all over.  Actually, he seems to like grabbing pretty much anything and putting it in his mouth.  After Tyler was born, Daddy and I took weekly pictures of him until 1 month and have now been taking monthly pictures with a sign.  For his photo session today he kept grabbing the sign and trying to put it in his mouth (pictures will be coming soon).  Which reminds me, a sure why to make him smile is to tap his mouth dry.  For some reason, he likes that.

Tomorrow, Tyler will be going on his first airplane ride.  Daddy is off to Vegas for Tito Ray's bachelor party for the entire weekend, so I decided that I would go to Boston with the Cruz's in support of Uncle Michael running the Boston Marathon and his birthday.  We're flying out with Lolo and Lola and coming back with Tita Len.  Tyler and I went to our first parents group today at Day One and were told that poop is much more explosive in high altitude and that I should bring a couple changes of clothes for him and for me.  I'm a little nervous about that, especially since his poop is explosive on the ground (I have a feeling that a lot of posts will involve Tyler's bowel movements...).  Stay tuned, I may have a good story soon.

I think that's about it for our first post.  HAPPY 3 MONTH BIRTHDAY, Tyler Kenji.  Mommy and Daddy have really enjoyed these first few months watching you grow and take in the world and look forward to our many, many years together.  We can't imagine our lives without you and love you very much.

3 comments:

  1. can't wait to see the pictures of him at 1 week, 2 weeks, etc to see how much he's evolved....will you post videos too? love this blog idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep on posting.. Lolo always look forward to reading everything about him

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kenji will always remind him about these weird appearances in the future, just like what I did to them years ago

    ReplyDelete