UNTIL WE HAVE A BETTER PICTURE OF THE TWO TOGETHER....

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Back at Work

After a one year plus leave, I went back to work on January 5th. It's now been almost 3 weeks since my return. I was really fortunate to get to take such a long time to be with T, especially since there are so many milestones that a baby reaches in the first year. Right now, I'm back at 70 percent, working 4 days a week. I get home early enough that I get to spend some good, quality time with T, but I'm wondering if maybe I need to be at work 3 days a week instead (we'll see what happens... my current schedule was only approved for 2 months and I'm not sure if I can keep it).

Anyway, what's more important than anything is that we were really fortunate to find a wonderful nanny, Anna. Not only does T love her, get this, she's Filipino and speaks Japanese. How perfect is she? Here's T with Anna and her daughter Sarii at T's birthday party.



Anna plays with T all day (when he's not napping) indoors when the weather is yucky and at the park when it's nice. She takes him on walks and, a couple of days, she's taken him on the bus to Peekadoodle to hang out with the Posse. One of the big concerns I had about going back to work was that he wouldn't get to see his friends, but he's at least getting to see them once a week so I'm happy about that.

Here's a picture of T at Peekadoodle on one of his trips with Anna. He's definitely Asian. Check out the squat. =)



I'm not sure what will happen with my job in the next couple of months (the lyrics, "should I stay or should I go" are going through my head...), but knowing that we found such an amazing nanny makes me so much more comfortable to be at work if I decide to stay. Seriously, when she leaves at the end of the day, he gets just as upset as when either Christian or I leave. No jealously, really, it's just reaffirming that he really likes her and that makes me happy.

Welcome to the family, Anna!

No comments:

Post a Comment