UNTIL WE HAVE A BETTER PICTURE OF THE TWO TOGETHER....

Thursday, January 31, 2013

"Pee pee! Pee pee!"

Potty training has been in full affect for over 2 weeks. It's going well. Much less traumatic than I thought it would go.

I don't know what it was about turning 3 - T was just ready. He still wears a pull up when we go out, when he naps, and when he sleeps at night. But he hasn't had any accidents while we've been out (knock on wood) and he's been waking up dry from his naps. Tonight, about an hour and a half after he went to bed, I heard him screaming in his room, "pee pee!," repeatedly. It seems he was able to wake up from the urge to pee. I'm impressed. Though, I won't be so impressed if it starts to interrupt my sleep -he's not quite capable to properly pulling his pants up and down and we still have a door stopper on his door so he can "escape."

One area we need to work on is using the potty before the last minute. He's successfully held himself until he reaches the bathroom but on several occasions he has gotten wet because he wasn't properly situated before doing his thing.

I can't complain though. I'm one proud mama for the way he's managed to pick up the potty thing. I hope Emma is as easy when the time comes. Keep up the good work!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: