UNTIL WE HAVE A BETTER PICTURE OF THE TWO TOGETHER....

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sick

Everyone's sick around here. Stuffy/runny noses, coughs and sneezes. Fun, fun, fun.

This is Emma passed out on me by 10am yesterday.



She normally doesn't nap till close to 1pm but I let her sleep since she was sick. Of course, that meant she didn't nap later in the day and then was melting down before her usual bed time from exhaustion. Oh well. Combine that with the age and her tantrums (must be frustrating not being able to communicate) and life is grand. Not really. But we'll survive. I wish I had a picture of her tantrum.

One of the biggest problems with dealing with sickness is the social etiquette of whether you can go on play dates or activities. Today was Emma's music class. Because Anna wasn't here I asked if I could also take Tyler and they made an exception. But the problem was trying to decide whether to take it. I'm a believer that my kids are better off exposed to illnesses so that they can have stronger immune systems, but it's also hard dealing with sick/cranky kids. Of course I wouldn't want them exposed to anything life threatening but common colds and illness are ok.

Anyway, I brought the kids to class. We needed to get out and I think the general consensus is that most people are contagious before the symptoms show and that as long as the nose is running clear and the child is otherwise healthy it's fine. Tyler had fun and did a great job following instructions while, as always, Emma took a little longer to warm up but had a good time.

Now hoping that we are fully recovered by morning.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment