I'm not sure "training" is the right word to be using since T is sort of taking the lead on using the potty, but regardless... Things are going well for the most part. His accidents happen because he waits too long so that we get to potty a little too late. What we are working on is timing.
T has been waking up in the middle of the night to use the potty as well as in the morning. A few mornings we didn't make it because I was too fast asleep to hear him over the monitor and we have a device on this doorknob so that he can't get out of his room. Actually, I should say we had a device.
Yesterday he woke up in the morning and had to poop. I didn't hear him and got to him too late. He was so upset with himself even though it wasn't his fault, it was mine. So, we decided it was time to let him open his door so he can come out to get us if he needs to.
How did the first night go? He showed up in our room around 1230am. He went potty and straight back to bed. Then he woke up at 530am and asked to sleep in our bed. I said yes so I could go back to sleep but we are going to have to stop that. It's a slippery slope.
Hopefully, soon enough, he will be able to go all by himself without waking us. I wonder when that will happen. Soon?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment